Incentives for businesses to invest and create jobs will be at the heart of the federal budget, a Morrison government minister says.…
Restrictions on opening of markets in the past five months have caused a loss of about Rs 5,000 crore in Noida, the NCR unit of the Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) said on Tuesday.
The CAIT has hailed the Uttar Pradesh government’s order to lift Sunday restrictions on markets, saying the move will help restore normalcy and boost slumping trade.
Restrictions were imposed on opening of markets across the state since the outbreak of COVID-19 in March, with a complete lockdown till July that followed graded opening of shops and commercial spaces with curtailed timings and certain curbs.
However, the state government on Tuesday revoked its order of mandatory closure of markets on Sunday, reverting to the pre-coronavirus lockdown arrangement.
“We welcome the UP government’s decision of lifting the lockdown and allowing the markets to function as they did before of lockdown. This shall help restore normalcy and bring a much-needed boost to our slumping trade,” CAIT’s NCR Unit Convenor Sushil Kumar Jain said.
“In more than five months of lockdown, business in Noida has suffered a loss of about Rs 5,000 crore and
PUBG Corporation, the owner and publisher of popular multiplayer gaming application PUBG, has decided against authorising the franchise of the mobile version of the game in India to Chinese firm Tencent Games. This opens up the possibility of the gaming application returning to Indian handsets.
In a blogpost on Tuesday, the South Korean company said it respected the measures taken by the (Indian) government as the privacy and security of player data was a top priority for the company. “Moving forward, PUBG Corporation will take on all publishing responsibilities within the country. As the company explores ways to provide its own PUBG experience for India in the near future, it is committed to doing so by sustaining a localised and healthy gameplay environment for its fans,” it said in the blog.
PUBG was one of the 118 mobile apps of Chinese origin or link to have been banned by the Union government last week, on national security grounds. Even though PUBG Corporation is a South Korean company with its headquarters in Seoul, Tencent Gaming, a subsidiary of Chinese investment and technology giant Tencent, holds the global franchise for the mobile version of the game.
Apple on Tuesday fired off invitations to a September 15 online event expected to star the first iPhone tailored for superfast 5G telecom networks.
The typically tight-lipped technology titan revealed only that the presentation would be streamed starting at 1700 GMT from its headquarters in Silicon Valley.
Copies of the emailed invitation spread quickly on social media, featuring a video-snippet version of the Apple logo in blue that unraveled into the event date.
The invitation was also posted at the Apple website, where the event will be streamed.
Apple has routinely held events this time of year to unveil new iPhones, and expectations are that this time around the spotlight will shine on a 5G model, with other new handsets possible as well.
Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives said in a note to investors that a check of Apple’s supply chain in Asian strengthened his confidence in an iPhone 12 “supercycle” kicked off by the release of several new models in October.
Ives saw the China market as a “key ingredient in Apple’s recipe for success,” expecting it to account for about 20 percent of iPhone upgrades in the coming year.
5G networks are touted as promising an exponential leap in